4.09.2008

Our Aloe Plant Bloomed!

Our house has a gated courtyard at the front entrance, which I have lined with a variety of potted plants! Two pots contain some very prolific aloe plants. I have been so excited about their explosive growth! Near our church there is a home where I noticed some incredibly cool looking aloe plants. They had beautiful structure, and were just bursting out the pots they were in. I only hoped that mine would ever get to be that healthy!
We've had our aloe plants out there in the courtyard ever since we moved here two years ago, and I think they are getting pretty close to reaching the "cool" status of those plants near our church have achieved. Plus, one of my aloe plants bloomed this year! I didn't think the variety of aloe I have ever bloomed, because growing up my Mom's aloe plants never bloomed. Jason told me that they do bloom. I doubted it. Well, he was right, and yes indeed--one of our aloe plants bloomed this year!! Their blooms are little bell-shaped flowers formed on a long stalk. It took about two weeks for the flowers to fully develop, and then they only lasted about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment