7.25.2008

Our Garden - Update

My herbs have been exploding with growth! The Basil is above knee high, and the Cilantro is growing so much it's blooming. The Rosemary, sadly, bit the dust... I'll have to try again next year--or maybe in a pot. The Spearmint is doing very well. One Spearmint seed came up among the Cilantro, and I just left it to grow there. The other part of my Spearmint bed is in the corner. I wasn't having much luck growing it from seed, but our neighbor brought us a cutting from their spearmint, and I put it in a vase for a few days. Then when I thought it was getting ready to die, I lifted the cutting and found that it was putting out roots! So, I planted it!! It has spread, and I do believe it will continue to thrive in that corner. I'm planning to cut some spearmint soon to dry for tea.

Here's an update on the other veggies in our garden!

Tomatoes


Cucumbers
Cabbage




Zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment