10.06.2008

Labor Day Weekend


My parents came to visit us over Labour Day weekend. We had lots of fun with them. One day, we went to see a 3-D Imax movie about the Grand Canyon. That was sooo great! Now, I'm really wanting to go to Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico! We went on family vacations to all those places when I was little, but now I'd like to see them from my adult perspective...and take some photos. We also walked around the Houston Rose Garden and Japanese Gardens.
We also toured NASA while my parents were here. We all realy enjoyed that. You can see photos and read more about our day at the Johnson Space Center here.

My Mom's birthday was the day after they left our house, so we celebrated with cake! I took a delicious store-bought cake and added fruit to it...yummy!


Next, we took my parents to Kemah Board Walk. This is the wonderful place where Jason and I had our first "real date"...and also where he proposed to me! It is FUN! You can watch boats coming in from the bay, eat, shop, listen to live music, take a whirl on the carnival-style rides, or just stroll hand-in-hand along the board walk overlooking the bay.

On another day, we found some great bargains while shopping on The Strand in Galveston! I had been wanting to go down there, so this was a special treat! We really enjoyed walking along the streets of the historic district, and browsing through clothing, home goods, and pearing into art galleries. Horse drawn carriages passed by a few times, and we could see the trolley tracks crossing the street in zig zags. The trolley still runs, too, but we didn't ride it this time.



Our visit with Mom and Dad also included an afternoon at the driving range. Jason took a golfing class while he was at Southern. His parents got him a nice set of clubs while he was going through that class, and he still has them in our closet.
We decided to have a little adventure...and my parents were game...so we headed out to find a driving range. The first one we came to was closed, so Jason knew of another, and we headed over there.
I hit a golf ball with a real golf club for the first time... COOL! I have played putt-putt golf many, many times! Hitting the balls onto the driving range was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment