4.16.2009

Flower Power!

Last weekend, I cut flowers from our front and backyard to create this arrangement! It was very cheery sitting on my bookshelf!

Cosmos in our backyard garden, then are as tall as we are! They have almost finished blooming and growing for the Spring season, but they have been very beautiful!
Orangey-Yellow poppies in our garden! The stems and leaves on these are a lovely shade of slate blue! They do not last very long if you cut them... So, we've been enjoying them outside mostly!
These are my california poppies in the back flowerbeds! They have been fantastic! Huge plants with every color of bloom and even various styles of bloom!
The amazing red roses and white tulips Jason arranged and gave me for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary! They stayed fresh almost three weeks!

More of my backyard poppies! Aren't tye beautiful, sunny, and cheery!!?

Nasturtiums that have grown into beautiful huge pushy plants! The circular leaves on thes are about the size of a large appel! The blooms are various colors and peek out from behind the giant leaves!



One of our peach roses about to bloom! This year the roses are doing very well--probably the best blooms we've had so far!
I love poppies! Jason bought the first round of seeds, because he knew I loved them so much when we saw them at the botanical gardens! Now, yesterday I have just bought some more seeds for planting over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment