11.22.2010

Seeds sprouting in our garden!

The seeds have sprouted! Jason made such nice rows, and soon we'll have to thin out the little sprouts so they can become strong, mature plants!
Collard greens sprouting! They almost seem to lift the dirt up in flat sheets as they poke through!
Those are some strong little sprouts! Plants growing from seeds . . . what a miracle!!
My basil finally came back on its own! We had a really, really cold, freezing snow one day last winter, and it caused most of our plants to die. Fortunately, most of them came back, but I hadn't seen any of my basil coming back until this one started growing! It's at the perfect size for harvesting to make some pasta with fresh pesto sauce! Yummy!

Spearmint! It is finally growing really well. I had tried to grow spearmint several times in years past, but now we have finally gotten it to "take off"! Our neighbor has so much spearmint that it has become a nuisance . . . I wonder if that will happen in our garden. We'll see.

This is my one rosemary plant. It is doing really great, although it is kind of small and seems to grow pretty slowly. It smell sooo good!

Our Cosmos are so tall and bushy that when we have a storm they tend to bend over. Bending doesn't cause them to die at all, I think it actually makes them grow even more blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment