5.12.2011

Impromptu sprinkler fun!

I went outside to water one of the flowerbeds in our back yard, and before I could get over to him, Isaac had decided to stomp in the puddle forming near the sprinkler. Then, he took a couple more steps and was basically taking an outdoor shower! At that point, I realized it was too late to snatch him away, so I decided to give him five minutes of glee!

One minute was all it took for him to be soaking wet!

He loved it! He kept running through it and batting at the water with his hands. He especially enjoyed stomping in the puddle forming around the sprinkler!



After just a few times running in and around the sprinkler, he was literally dripping!

I just stripped him down to his diaper . . . err . . . nothing, and scooped him up and put him in a warm bath inside. He was fresh, clean and dry within a few minutes. That was fun! I would have rather he play in the sprinkler with his swimming diapers and flip flop sandals on, but . . .His clothes went straight in the laundry, and so it was no big deal! Being a parent is all about having a little bit of patience and being flexible! Impromptu fun is not always a bad thing! It was great for some laughs and silly photos!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect way to spend a hot afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought I had commented on this post, but apparently not. :o) I'm glad that Isaac used his little mind and ran through the sprinkler. Those are the best memory makers! That's very cute, indeed.

    ReplyDelete