7.04.2011

Seattle ~ Pike's Place Market

I had heard about Pike's Place Market after reading a book called "Fish", which was about excellent customer service and having happy workers who do a great job. They throw fish there, and so I was eager to "watch the show". However, they didn't throw very many fish while we were there, so I was a little disappointed. It turns out that they only throw the fish when people buy the fish (and maybe when a shipment of fish first arrives...not sure). People weren't buying fish at the time that we were there, but about 50+ tourists all had their cameras out to take photos of flying fish. It was a mad house! I definitely didn't get the "fish flying show" I had been expecting. I'm sure they do work very well, and are very happy employees, but I wasn't a terribly happy tourist after visiting the fish area.
Otherwise, the Pike's Place market was really great! I loved looking at all the beautiful fruits and veggies and the GORGEOUS flowers!!! They had all these great bouquets for sale . . . and cheap! If I lived in Seattle, I'd have fresh flowers on my table all the time at those prices!
If you look really close in the middle and slightly to the right in this photo, you will see one of the few fish that we got to see "flying"! :-)
FLOWERS!! And this was not the only area where they were assembling and selling these pretty bundles, there were at least 6-7 other vendors who had an area set up just like this.
We walked around a little park that over looked Pike's Place market for a while and let Isaac stretch his legs and run around.

This was the view from that area --a cool perspective of the water and highway by downtown Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment