11.30.2009

Fall Picnic!

At the end of October, we took a Sabbath afternoon picnic to some parks in downtown Houston's art district. It was perfect weather, the food was delicious, and we enjoyed taking a walk around the gardens and parks in the area after lunch.
Vegetarian Turkey sandwiches...with Palm Heart salad, and chips! Brownies for dessert!



After lunch we took a walk around the Houston Garden Center, and I saw these beauties growing closely together in one section. I love the way the contrast and compliment one another. We have some of the larger caladiums growing in our flower beds and pots at home, so now I'm inspired to add some other small, leafy green and white plants to give our gardens a similarly color and texture-complementary pleasing effect!

I'm 27 weeks pregnant! I love the Houston Garden Center, it makes a lovely setting for photos! The lighting was a little bit of a challenge, but later in the day the shadows helped make a much better photo.
As we walked around the art and museum district, we stopped by the Museum of Natural Science to get some water and take a break. We found this little guy crawling around the front steps of the museum. He was being supervised by a museum staff member and was out and about for his daily exposure to the sun. He lives in the Butterfly Gardens exhibit at the museum, but does not get enough sun inside his enclosure, so they have to bring him outside as much as possible. I am actually not afraid of lizards...oddly enough...but I am terrified of snakes. I thought he was really cool and I enjoyed watching him and giving him a quick little "pat" on the back! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment