6.06.2011

Isaac and the farm animals!

I took Isaac to the farm animal petting zoo exhibit at our local library yesterday! It was so cute watching him interact with the animals! His favorite animals to pet were the bunnies, but he really liked feeding the donkey!


There were some little "jack rabbit" type of animals (from somewhere outside of the US, and I didn't ask what they were, so I'm not sure) and one of them is creeping up behind Isaac in this photo. It was almost head-butting him as if to say, "hey, pet me!" It was really cute!
There it is, getting some attention from Isaac. It has the body and legs of a jack rabbit, but his ears were not very long. I wish I had asked what they were, so I could tell you!
He was pointing at all the animals and petting most of them!

We have taken him to other petting zoos in the area, but this was his first time to actually pet the animals! He even pet the tortoise!


I was so amazed when Isaac reached down to pull some grass up and then offered it to the donkey! He had been watching the donkey eating grass, and then pulled some up to give to him! He's so smart! (insert "proud Mommy" here)
Then, the man who owns the animals noticed him pulling grass and giving it to the donkey, so he gave him a couple of food pellets to feed to the donkey and goats. Isaac loved that! He was giggling and having a great time! It was so fun to watch him learning about animals by actually seeing and touching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment