6.12.2011

Mother's Day!

Jason and Isaac took me to the zoo for Mother's day! We got there early to see the animals in the cooler part of the day! Isaac loved looking at the prairie dogs! He got his pointing finger ready and aimed it at everything! He got so excited!

A mother elephant with her baby! How cute!
I am so thankful for Isaac and that I get to be his Mommy! Being a mother is one of God's greatest gifts to us humans!
I love to watch the lions! They are so huge and majestic!
I the new African Forest exhibit at the zoo, they have these really cool huts you can play around in.


The new African exhibit also has bongo drums to play with! Isaac really enjoyed beating on those drums!

They have a new opportunity for zoo guests --you can feed the giraffes! We decided not to do it during this visit, because the line was kind of long, but I hope to try that next time we go there!
In the reptile house, we got to see some pretty cool lizards! Yes, I like lizards. I really like just about any reptile other than snakes! Turtles are cute and so are frogs. Snakes are the worst, I especially get freaked out by rattle snakes --I'm glad I've never seen one in the wild.

After the zoo, we continued to celebrate Mother's day at The Cheesecake Factory!
While we were waiting, Isaac was very entertained by the stuffed animals on display!

Slurp, slurp . . . this is some really fresh, tangy strawberry lemonade!! Delicious!
We ordered our favorite appetizer, avocado egg rolls! They are so so good with that special dipping sauce! We also ordered cheese cake, but I forgot to take a photo of it... oops! I was probably so eager to taste it that I wasn't thinking of snapping a picture! Rest assured, it was beautiful and tasted as good as it looked!

No comments:

Post a Comment